Master of Science in Education in Reading Specialist/Literacy Coach K-12
Become a leader in education – earn your master’s degree from UNE, online
This Master of Science in Education in Reading Specialist/Literacy Coach K-12 program prepares you to become a Reading Specialist/Literacy Coach in a K-12 setting. The courses are designed to equip you with the foundational knowledge that you need to assess students and to provide targeted literacy instruction. The program prepares you to take a leadership role in you school and districts to support fellow educators in their goal of improving students’ literacy growth. Through course work that engages you in collaborative relationships around issues in literacy education, you will explore the dispositions, knowledge, and skills that literacy leaders need to be successful.
The literacy concentration at UNE is taught by a highly qualified and cohesive team of experienced educators with first-hand knowledge of literacy best practices. Drawing upon 21st century literacy skills and the use of emerging technologies, you will discover that this program will expand your teaching knowledge, skills, and dispositions.
- 36-credit hour program
- Complete your degree in just under two years
- 100% online – no campus visits required
- Learn anytime from any place
- No GRE Required
- Dynamic faculty of practitioners, researchers and educators
- Regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges (NEASC)
The University of New England is regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC CIHE). NEASC is the nation’s oldest regional accrediting association whose mission is the establishment and maintenance of high levels of education, from pre-kindergarten through the higher education doctoral level. Accreditation is the review of the quality of educational institutions and programs. In the United States, accreditation is a major way that the public knows that an institution or program provides a high quality education.
Click here to learn more »
US News and World Report Ranking
The University of New England claimed a spot in U.S. News & World Report’s 2015 rankings for Best Online Graduate Education Programs. UNE placed 100th out of 250 public and private colleges and universities listed in the report. UNE is one of only 25 private universities appearing in the top 100, and is one of just two Maine institutions included in the ranking.
- EDU 600 Teacher as Leader (Credits: 3)
- EDU 610 Differentiation Theory & Strategies (Credits: 3)
- EDU 740 Supporting Literacy Development for All Learners (Credits: 3)
- EDU 741 Literacy Assessments as Teaching Tools (Credits: 3)
- EDU 742 Study Skills and Content Literacy Instruction for All (Credits: 3)
- EDU 743 Connecting Reading with Writing for Success (Credits: 3)
- EDU 744 Meeting Student Literacy Challenges (Credits: 3)
- EDU 746 Professional Learning and Literacy Leadership (Credits: 3)
- EDU 747 Literacy for English Language Learners (Credits: 3)
- EDU 748 Literacy for Inclusion Settings (Credits: 3)
- EDU 749 Reading Diagnosis: Clinical Practice I (Credits: 3)
- EDU 750 Instruction Intervention: Clinical Practice II (Credits: 3)