Graduate Certificate in Public Health Overview
A 100% online, 18-credit certificate program that will provide a solid public health foundation
UNE’s 18-credit hour Graduate Certificate in Public Health provides students with the core public health concepts they need to either enhance their professional knowledge or to pursue a graduate degree in the field. These 18 credit hours are the foundation courses for UNE’s Master of Public Health degree. All certificate program courses are transferable to UNE’s MPH degree program.
With a mission centering on teaching, research, and service, the program educates students from across the nation. The online public health program boasts a renowned faculty who are leaders in public health research with extensive collaborative partnerships in the public health community.
- 18 credit hours
- Complete your certificate in just 1 year
- 100% online – no campus visits required
- Learn anytime, from any place
- Dynamic faculty of practitioners, researchers & educators
- No GRE required to apply
- Focused study in areas of interest
- Regionally accredited by New England Association of Schools & Colleges (NEASC)
- Accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH)
The Master of Public Health and Graduate Certificate in Public Health programs at the University of New England are accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH). Click here to learn more »
The University of New England is regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC CIHE). NEASC is the nation’s oldest regional accrediting association whose mission is the establishment and maintenance of high levels of education, from pre-kindergarten through the higher education doctoral level. Accreditation is the review of the quality of educational institutions and programs. In the United States, accreditation is a major way that the public knows that an institution or program provides a high quality education. Click here to learn more »
All graduate certificate students must complete the following courses (18 credits):
- GPH 702 Public Health Policy and Management (3 credits)
- GPH 712 Principles of Epidemiology (3 credits)
- GPH 714 Principles of Public Health Concepts (3 credits)
- GPH 716 Biostatistics (3 credits)
- GPH 722 Introduction to Environmental Health (3 credits)
- GPH 726 Social and Behavioral Health (3 credits)
Click here to view the full course descriptions for the UNE Graduate Certificate of Public Health.