Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership
- Master's Degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or its equivalent.
- See International Admissions for details regarding evaluation of international degrees for grade and degree equivalency.
- 3.0 cumulative graduate GPA, or better
- Coursework: Prior successful completion of statistical analysis coursework preferred
- Regular access to an environment in which you can apply course concepts and strategies
- Computer with Internet connection, including the hardware and software requirements described on the Technical Requirements page. Must also possess sufficient computer skills to navigate the Internet as all classes are accessed 100% online.
Create an account for the Online Application Portal, start a new application and fill out all required fields.
Upload all supporting documents:
- Professional Resume/CV: must be current and include current professional roles and responsibilities
- Application Essay: Maximum of 1500 words. Your essay should demonstrate your academic writing skills and follow APA format, including references to current scholarly work when appropriate. Your essay should address the following points:
- Describe why you value the study and practice of transformative leadership. Reference your leadership experiences and describe lessons learned from your leadership roles.
- Describe your initial thoughts on the line of research and institutional context in which you wish to pursue or apply academic principles and concepts. Students in the program focus their research on a change they would like to implement within their role as a leader in their workplace or industry. Include how your academic and professional background supports your candidacy to pursue this unique program of study.
Your essay will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Indications of leadership potential;
- Desire for professional improvement and growth;
- Writing conveys excitement for learning and leading;
- Excellent command of the English language: writing is organized, cohesive, cogent, with correct grammar and syntax;
- Evidence of reflection, creativity, and innovation;
- Evidence that the applicant is willing to apply new ideas and techniques.
- Two completed Application Recommendation forms.
*Please keep in mind that the admissions committee likes to see recommendation forms from references in a supervisory or leadership position
Request an official transcript reflecting conferral of master's degree.
Official transcripts must be submitted to UNE directly from the institution. Please contact your college or university as soon as possible and request that they send an official transcript via mail to the address below or by certified electronic delivery. We will notify you as soon as we receive your official transcript.
If your transcript is from an international institution, it will need to be translated and/or evaluated for U.S. grade and degree equivalency and sent to us directly from the evaluation company. Please contact an Enrollment Counselor for more information.If sent electronically, request that your transcript be sent to: email@example.com
If mailed, we request that your transcripts be addressed to:
Please Note: Additional transcripts may be required or requested. You can always submit additional transcripts if you feel they would strengthen your application.
Pay non-refundable $40 application fee.
Our Enrollment Counselors are here to help you understand the admission requirements and to assist you throughout the entire application process. Please contact us right away at 1 (800) 994-2804 or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the program or application requirements.
Application Procedures and Policies
Upon acceptance, students may apply to transfer up to two, 3-credit courses (maximum of six credits) into the EdD program.
To request consideration for transfer credit, a student must provide an official transcript and a course syllabus for each course. Transfer credit is awarded at the discretion of the College of Graduate and Professional Studies based on specific program details listed below. Requests for approval of transfer credit should be submitted to, and will be granted at the discretion of, the Program Manager.
Transfer courses must:
- Be classified as post-masters level.
- Be worth 3 credits.
- Have been taken within five years of application.
- Have been completed with a grade of “B” or better.
- Be equivalent to one of the required program courses or an elective course that meets the goals of the student’s education.
- Not have been applied toward any other degree.
More information explaining the admissions requirements for international students or applicants with international degrees can be found here on the International Admissions web page. If you have specific questions please contact an Enrollment Counselor for personal guidance through the application process.
Expiration of Ed.D. application materials
All application materials to UNE are valid for 12 months from the date received by the University. To avoid needing to re-request transcripts and letters of recommendation, we recommend that you complete your application and enroll in a timely manner. In the event that you need to re-apply or re-activate your application, materials older than 12 months will need to be re-submitted without exception.
(207) 221-4977 | email@example.com
Colby is dedicated to the Education programs.
(207) 221-4957 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelsey is dedicated to the Education programs.
(207) 221-4946 | email@example.com
Lucas is dedicated to the Education programs.