Post-Master’s Graduate Certificate in Education
- Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or its equivalent.
- See International Admissions for details regarding evaluation of international degrees for grade and degree equivalency.
- 3.0 cumulative graduate GPA, or better
- Employed in an educational setting or ability to access an environment in which you can apply course concepts and strategies. Click here for more details on Classroom Access.
- Computer with Internet connection, including the hardware and software requirements described on the Technical Requirements page. Must also possess sufficient computer skills to navigate the Internet as all classes are accessed 100% online.
- Create and account for the Online Application Portal, start a new application and fill out all required fields.
- Upload all supporting documents:
- Professional Resume/CV: Must be current and include current professional roles and responsibilities
- Goal Statement/Essay (500 – 1000 words): Please describe your motivation for graduate study. How has your experience as an educator led you to your desired program of study? How will this program support you in meeting your professional goals (e.g., professional licensure, promotion, new role)? Please describe your interest in a particular focus area. Is there a student or classroom experience that inspired you to apply? Finally, why have you chosen to learn online? What drew you to this format and what concerns do you have? Your written statement gives us the opportunity to identify if our programs align with your professional experience and goals. We also evaluate your capacity to engage in graduate-level writing and thinking.
- Request an official transcript reflecting conferral of bachelor’s degree.
If your transcript is from an international institution, it will need to be translated and/or evaluated for U.S. grade and degree equivalency and sent to us directly from the evaluation company. Please contact an Enrollment Counselor for more information.
If sent electronically, request that your transcript be sent to: email@example.com
If mailed, request that your transcript be addressed to:
Please Note: Additional transcripts may be required or requested. You can always submit additional transcripts if you feel they would strengthen your application.
- Pay non-refundable $40 application fee
Our Enrollment Counselors are here to help you understand the admission requirements and to assist you throughout the entire application process. Please contact us right away at 1 (800) 994-2804 or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the program or application requirements.
Application Procedures and Policies
Transfer credit is not accepted at this time.
Expiration of application materials
All application materials to UNE are valid for 12 months from the date received by the University. To avoid needing to re-request transcripts and letters of recommendation, we recommend that you complete your application and enroll in a timely manner. In the event that you need to re-apply or re-activate your application, materials older than 12 months will need to be re-submitted without exception.
Students not seeking a degree may enroll into individual courses as a non-matriculated student, space permitting and upon approval by the program manager. Non-matriculated students must hold a master’s degree and submit an official transcript reflecting conferral of degree. Students may not move from non-matriculated to matriculated status within the same semester. Please contact an enrollment counselor to assist in this process.
More information explaining the admissions requirements for international students or applicants with international degrees can be found here on the International Admissions web page. If you have specific questions please contact an Enrollment Counselor for personal guidance through the application process.
Contact an enrollment counselor to discuss your degree plan, or for any questions about the Post-Master’s Graduate Certificate in Education program.