Watch videos of last year’s Commencement
After years of hard work, your studies are about to successfully come to a close. Soon, there will be only one thing left to do: Attend UNE’s annual Graduation and Commencement Ceremonies!
Time until CGPS Graduation Ceremony:
FRIDAY, MAY 15, 2020
The College of Graduate and Professional Studies Graduation Ceremony will take place at 5PM in Innovation Hall on UNE’s Portland Campus. This special event allows our online graduates to be recognized on a more personal level by their program and the College than the University-wide commencement. During the ceremony, graduates are called across the stage, have their regalia ‘hood’ placed on them, and receive their degree folder.
Afterwards, CGPS holds a reception with refreshments and entertainment. This is where you get to meet your fellow classmates, faculty, Student Support Specialist, Program Director, and other CGPS staff in person! This day is a highlight for everyone at CGPS, and we hope you will join us to celebrate your major achievement.
Please note that there is a strict limit of four guests per graduate.
Parking Information can be found here.
SATURDAY, MAY 16, 2020
Double your celebration time! The University of New England’s Commencement Ceremony will take place at 10AM at the Cross Insurance Arena in Downtown Portland, Maine. President Herbert will offer his remarks and the commencement address will be given. Graduates from all six UNE colleges will attend this ceremony making it a university-wide celebration. This year, the University of New England will award more than 1,800 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees!
All graduates are limited to four guests each. Graduates must RSVP here to secure tickets.
Check out photos from last year’s Commencement here.
- All masters graduates must purchase their own regalia for commencement events. For more information, click here
- If you’ve already filled out the RSVP form but didn’t upload a photo for the slideshow, feel free to submit it using this stand-alone form.
- All diplomas are mailed to students six to eight weeks following the University Commencement Ceremony.
- Animals other than service animals are not allowed.
- No secured storage is available for luggage or belongings.
- For more information or help, please email your student support specialist or you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.