Become an Adjunct Faculty Member
Adjunct Faculty for the Public Health program within the College of Graduate and Professional Studies are critical to the success of UNE’s online programs. The role of the faculty in CGPS is to facilitate the learning process for online students through timely and effective instruction and communication.
Adjunct Faculty for the Public Health program also serve as mentors for public health students by sharing their experience as field practitioners in their respective fields. Instructors create a positive educational environment, allowing students to derive the maximum benefits from their program. Faculty are supported through collaboration with and guidance from the Graduate Programs in Public Health team.
The ideal candidate would possess prior online classroom experience in an educational setting, the ability to effectively communicate with students, and a passion for teaching in the field of Public Health.
- Guide students through their educational experience while upholding and adhering to the CGPS commitment to student success
- Provide expert knowledge as a practitioner in the field of public health
- Provide timely response to student inquiries, preferably within 24 hours
- A master’s degree in Public Health or closely related field, doctoral degree preferred
- A minimum of two years experience in the field related to the area of instruction
- A desire to encourage students to excel in their academic and professional environments
- Previous instructional experience, preferably in an online setting or a desire to learn new technological approaches to education
* Background check may be required.
To apply, please email the following materials to Deborah Shields, JD, MPH at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter
- Area(s) of teaching interest
If you have any questions about the coursework or the program requirements, please speak to one of our enrollment counselors at the email or phone number below.