Become an Affiliated Faculty Member
Affiliated Faculty for the Public Health program within the College of Graduate and Professional Studies are critical to the success of UNE’s online programs. The role of the faculty in CGPS is to facilitate the learning process for online students through timely and effective instruction and communication.
Affiliated Faculty for the Public Health program also serve as mentors of public health, sharing their experience as field practitioners to help guide students and ensure they achieve their educational and professional goals. The instructor facilitates the retention of students through creating a positive educational environment, allowing for students to derive the maximum benefits from the program in which they are enrolled. Faculty will receive supervision, collaboration, and guidance from the Public Health Program Director.
The ideal candidate would possess prior online classroom experience in an educational setting, the ability to effectively communicate with students, and a passion for teaching and the field of Public Health.
- Guide students through their educational experience while upholding and adhering to the CGPS commitment to student success
- Provide expert knowledge as a practitioner in the field of public health
- Provide timely response to student inquiries, preferably within 24 hours
- Ability to engage in the online course environment a minimum of 3 times per week
- A master’s degree in Public Health or closely related field, doctoral degree preferred
- A minimum of two years experience in the field related to the area of instruction
- A desire to motivate and encourage students in their academic and professional setting
- Previous instructional experience, preferably in an online setting
- Previous instructional experience, preferably in an online setting or a desire to learn new technological approaches to education
To apply, please email the following materials to Deborah Shields, JD, MPH, email@example.com:
- Cover Letter
- Area(s) of teaching interest
If you have any questions about the coursework or the program requirements, please speak to one of our enrollment counselors at the email or phone number below.