MATH 1011: Precalculus (NEW)
Precalculus Course Overview
- MATH 1011 is a three-credit precalculus course that was intentionally designed to prepare students for subsequent college-level calculus courses. This course will review a variety of the prerequisite mathematical concepts necessary for calculus. Topics include rational functions, trigonometric functions, polar coordinates, sequences and series, probability, and a brief introduction to continuity. Each of these topics will be applied to real-world situations that can be modeled mathematically. In this course, students will practice communicating the realistic applications of each of these topics.
*This course is considered an upper-level undergraduate course (300 level or above)
Precalculus Course Outcomes
- Interpret graphical information of rational and trigonometric functions.
- Construct graphs of rational and trigonometric functions.
- Solve trigonometric functions.
- Determine angle measures and side lengths of triangles using trigonometric identities.
- Graph equations in polar coordinates.
- Communicate algebraic facility of trigonometric functions with respect to real-world applications.
- Evaluate mathematical series.
- Solve counting problems using combinations and permutations.
- Compute probabilities of events using counting theory and probability models.
- Find the limits of a function.
- Identify the continuity of a function.
Precalculus Course Prerequisites
- One semester of college-level algebra (MATH 1010)
* Please note these prerequisites are highly suggested and support course preparedness and success. We recommend having completed the listed prerequisites before enrolling and within the past seven years.
How do exams work?
All exams are taken online. Major exams are required to be proctored online through ProctorU. For instructions on how to take your exams online, visit UNE Online’s ProctorU site. Please note exams must also be proctored with the UNE-approved external webcam.
How do labs work?
- MATH 1011 is a lecture-only course. We do not offer an associated lab component for this course.
MATH 1011: Lecture
- Credits: 3
- Tuition: $1,110
- Registration: $30
- Total: $1,140 (Total payment is due in full at the time of registration)
*The cost of the materials is not included in this total
Required course materials
- Mandatory External Webcam and Whiteboard for Proctored Exams
- Lab Materials:
- MATH 1011 is a lecture-only course. We do not offer a lab component and therefore no lab materials are needing to be purchased.
Complete at Your Own Pace within 16 weeks
24/7 Online Registration
Courses Typically Begin Every Two to Three Weeks
Working at the pace typical for a four-semester hour course, the average student will complete this online course in approximately 16 weeks. Many students have elected an online course for the sake of flexibility. Since the course is self-paced, you may be able to complete the course in less than 16 weeks.
You may enroll for a course at any time through our self-service registration portal. Payment is needed in full at the time of registration.
You must be registered for your class by 12:00 noon EST the Monday before the class starts. Your official start date is the date that the course opens and you will have 16 weeks from that date to complete your course.
If you have any questions about registration, the coursework or course requirements, please reach out to one of our student service advisors at the email or phone number below.
If you intend to use VA Benefits or Military Tuition Assistance, please do not use the self-registration portal. Please call (855) 325-0894 to be directed to the appropriate office for assistance or view our Veteran Benefits page for more info.