Applied Nutrition Admission Requirements
Master of Science in Applied Nutrition
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent.
- See International Admissions for details regarding evaluation of international degrees for grade and degree equivalency.
- 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA, or better.
- Recommended courses: Previous coursework in Nutrition and/or Biology, and Statistics is highly recommended.
- Computer with Internet connection, including the hardware and software requirements described on the Technical Requirements page. Must also possess sufficient computer skills to navigate the Internet as all classes are accessed 100% online.
- Create an account for the Online Application Portal, start a new application and fill out all required fields.
- You will be asked to provide contact information for three references, preferably of supervisory or leadership positions.
- Upload all supporting documents:
- Professional Resume/CV
- Goal Statement/Essay: 500 - 1000 words. This statement should describe personal development and future goals; relevant professional experience; interest in graduate study in applied nutrition; and the capacity to succeed in a distance learning format, i.e. self-motivated, self-started, comfortable with and access to a computer and the internet.
- Request an official transcript reflecting conferral of bachelor's degree. Submit official transcripts reflecting conferral of bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited university. Applicants with international degrees should contact an Enrollment Counselor for more information.
If your transcript is from an international institution, it will need to be translated and/or evaluated for U.S. grade and degree equivalency and sent to us directly from the evaluation company. Please contact an Enrollment Counselor for more information.
If sent electronically, request that your transcript be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If mailed, request that your transcript be addressed to:
Please Note: Additional transcripts may be required or requested. You can always submit additional transcripts if you feel they would strengthen your application.
- Pay non-refundable $40 application fee
Our Enrollment Counselors are here to help you understand the admission requirements and assist you throughout the entire application process. Please contact us at (855) 751-4447 or email@example.com right away if you have any questions about the program or application requirements.
Application Procedures and Policies
To request consideration for transfer credit, the student must provide an official transcript, a course syllabus, and complete the transfer credit form. For a copy of the transfer credit form, contact your enrollment counselor. Transfer credit is awarded at the discretion of the Graduate Programs in Applied Nutrition.
Master of Science in Applied Nutrition: Upon acceptance, students may apply to transfer up to three, 3-credit courses (maximum nine semester credits) into the program.
In order to be considered, courses must:
- Be classified as graduate level.
- Have been taken within five years of application.
- Have been completed with a grade of “B” or better.
- Be equivalent to one of the required program courses.
- Not have been applied toward any other degree at UNE or elsewhere.
All application materials submitted to UNE are valid for 12 months from the date received by the University. To avoid needing to re-request transcripts and letters of recommendation, we recommend that you complete your application and enroll in a timely manner. In the event that you need to re-apply or re-activate your application, materials older than 12 months will need to be re-submitted without exception.
Students not seeking a degree may enroll into individual courses as a non-matriculated student, space permitting and upon approval by the program manager. Non-matriculated students must hold a bachelor’s degree and submit an official transcript reflecting conferral of degree. Students may not move from non-matriculated to matriculated status within the same semester. Please contact an enrollment counselor to assist in this process.
More information explaining the admissions requirements for international students or applicants with international degrees can be found here on the International Admissions web page. If you have specific questions please contact an Enrollment Counselor for personal guidance through the application process.
Contact an enrollment counselor to discuss your degree plan, or for any questions about the Applied Nutrition program.
(207) 221-4941 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Allie is dedicated to the Applied Nutrition program.
(207) 221-4919 | email@example.com
Kat is dedicated to the Applied Nutrition program.