MATH 1005: Statistics
Statistics Course Overview
- MATH 1005, Statistics, is a four-credit statistics course that is designed to offer the same major subject and content areas as a traditional statistics course but differs in that an emphasis is placed on application. You will explore data sets and challenges from several disciplines, including health professions, education, sports science, and business, to make the course relevant to your specific needs and interests.
Statistics Course Outcomes
- Define the terminology used in Descriptive and Inferential statistics
- Present data summarizations by constructing charts and graphs
- Calculate measures of central tendency and position
- Construct confidence intervals
- Apply the methods of hypothesis testing for one sample and two samples
- Identify distribution types
- Recognize normal distributions
- Determine evidence of bias through identifying outliers and violations of assumptions
- Perform ANOVA and ANCOVA tests
- Perform single and multiple correlation and regression analysis between variables
- Conduct chi-square tests
Statistics Course Prerequisites
- There are no prerequisites for MATH 1005.
How do exams work?
All exams are taken online. Major exams are required to be proctored online through ProctorU. For instructions on how to take your exams online, visit UNE Online’s ProctorU site. Please note exams must also be proctored with the UNE-approved external webcam.
How do labs work?
MATH 1005 is a lecture-only course. We do not offer an associated lab component for this course.
MATH 1005: Lecture
- Credits: 4
- Tuition: $1,440
- Registration: $30
- Total: $1,470*
*Total payment is due in full at the time of registration. The cost of the materials is not included in this total.
Required course materials
- Mandatory External Webcam and Whiteboard for Proctored Exams
- Discovering Statistics Using IBM SPSS Statistics 5th Edition (North American Edition). Andy Field
- SPSS Statistics Standard GradPack 25 software (available to purchase in your course).
- Scientific Calculator: Any calculator that has an exponent and square root key will suffice.
- Lab Materials
- MATH 1005 is a lecture-only course. We do not offer a lab component and therefore no lab materials need to be purchased.
Complete at Your Own Pace within 16 weeks
24/7 Online Registration
Courses Typically Begin Every Two to Three Weeks
Working at the pace typical for a four-semester hour course, the average student will complete this online course in approximately 16 weeks. Many students have elected an online course for the sake of flexibility. Since the course is self-paced, you may be able to complete the course in less than 16 weeks.
You may enroll for a course at any time through our self-service registration portal. Payment is needed in full at the time of registration.
You must be registered for your class by 12:00 noon EST the Monday before the class starts. Your official start date is the date that the course opens and you will have 16 weeks from that date to complete your course.
If you have any questions about registration, the coursework or course requirements, please reach out to one of our student service advisors at the email or phone number below.
If you intend to use VA Benefits or Military Tuition Assistance, please do not use the self-registration portal. Please call (855) 325-0894 to be directed to the appropriate office for assistance or view our Veteran Benefits page for more info.