- PSYO 1010 is a three-credit introductory psychology course that provides an overview of the key concepts in psychology as well as the research methods used to investigate the psychological process underlying human behavior. The course includes an overview of psychology’s five course core domains while developing the skillsets needed for scientific reasoning and problem solving, thinking critically, understanding psychology processes and interpreting behavior. Through a highly integrated approach, domains and research will be explored through multiple lenses, with special attention to ethical considerations, cultural and social diversity, individual variance, and real-world applications.
- Identify how ethics, cultural and social diversity, variations in human functioning, and real-world application impacts basic concepts of psychology.
- Apply psychological principles to personal, social, and professional life
- Draw logical, well-grounded conclusions about behavior and mental processes from empirical evidence
- Evaluate misconceptions or erroneous behavioral claims based on evidence from psychological science
- Evaluate basic psychological research
- There are no prerequisites for PSYO 1010.
How do exams work?
All exams are taken online. Major exams are required to be proctored online through ProctorU. For instructions on how to take your exams online, visit UNE Online’s ProctorU site. Please note exams must also be proctored with the UNE-approved external webcam.
How do labs work?
- PSYO 1010 is a lecture-only course. We do not offer an associated lab component for this course.
PSYO 1010: Lecture
- Credits: 3
- Tuition: $1,080
- Registration: $30
- Total: $1,110 (Total payment is due in full at the time of registration)
*The cost of the materials is not included in this total
Required course materials
- Mandatory External Webcam and Whiteboard for Proctored Exams
- Speilman, R. M., Jenkins, W. J., & Lovett, M.D. (2020). Psychology (2nd ed.) Open Stax.
- Lab Materials:
- PSYO 1010 is a lecture-only course. We do not offer a lab component and therefore no lab materials are needing to be purchased.
Complete at Your Own Pace within 16 weeks
24/7 Online Registration
Courses Typically Begin Every Two to Three Weeks
Working at the pace typical for a four-semester hour course, the average student will complete this online course in approximately 16 weeks. Many students have elected an online course for the sake of flexibility. Since the course is self-paced, you may be able to complete the course in less than 16 weeks.
You may enroll for a course at anytime through our self-service registration portal. You will need to enable Flash in your browser first (here are step-by-step instructions). Payment is needed in full at the time of registration.
You must be registered for your class by 12:00 noon EST on the Monday before the class starts. Your official start date is the date that the course opens and you will have 16 weeks from that date to complete your course.
If you have any questions about registration, the coursework or course requirements, please reach out to one of our student service advisors at the email or phone number below.
If you intend to use VA Benefits or Military Tuition Assistance, please do not use the self-registration portal. Please call (855) 325-0894 to be directed to the appropriate office for assistance or view our Veteran Benefits page for more info.