Graduate Programs for Future Public Health Leaders
Earn a Master’s or Graduate Certificate in Public Health from the comfort of your home, with no campus visits required. These 100% online, CEPH-accredited programs are offered in an asynchronous format, meaning you never have to be signed on at a specific time. This winning format makes pursuing a graduate education attainable and manageable for anyone — including full-time working professionals.
Our long-standing, convenient and flexible online programs have led hundreds of graduates to gain employment or get promoted in the burgeoning field of public health.
NEW! Rossi Public Health Scholarship
The Cornelia Cogswell Rossi Foundation awarded the University of New England a grant of $300,000 to support needs-based scholarships for students in UNE Online’s Graduate Programs in Public Health. This will allow UNE to train public health workers who will hold positions in organizations and networks serving marginalized people and underserved Maine communities or who aspire to do so.
The 42-credit hour MPH curriculum is designed to enhance students’ skills in a variety of professional areas including data analysis, communication, international health, program planning and evaluation, financial management, leadership, policy, social determinants of health, ethics and law. Our MPH students have the option to customize their degree to align with their individual career ambitions with our generalist track option or specialize their studies with a focus area in Epidemiology, Global Health, or Public Health Education.
This 18-credit hour certificate program provides students with the foundational knowledge and core public health concepts to enhance their professional reach. All credits are applicable toward our MPH degree program.
Download this FREE e-book for a comprehensive overview of the Graduate Programs in Public Health
"I really enjoyed all my interactions. My instructors – and anyone that I reached out to – were either able to talk with me on the phone, or would answer by email within a reasonable time frame. Everyone was very open to helping. And my Student Support Specialist, Hayley – I can't speak highly enough about her. She was so patient with me when I had questions. She was wonderful!."
Gail Callahan, MPH, RN-BC (Class of '18)
In June of 2019, the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) awarded the University of New England’s Graduate Programs in Public Health a 7-year accreditation – the maximum amount of time possible under CEPH guidelines.
UNE’s Graduate Programs in Public Health first earned CEPH accreditation in October of 2011, and have been continuously accredited since that time. Learn more about CEPH accreditation.
The University of New England is regionally accredited by the New England Commission on Higher Education (NECHE), which accredits schools and colleges in the six New England states. Accreditation by the Commission indicates that the institution has been carefully evaluated and found to meet standards agreed upon by qualified educators.
The mission of the Graduate Programs in Public Health at the University of New England is to improve the health and promote the well-being of individuals, families and communities through education, research and service. Learn more about the mission statement and goals of UNE’s Public Health graduate programs.
Get more info about our Graduate Public Health Program’s mission, goals, and values.
Job titles reported by our graduate public health alumni include:
- Adjunct Professor
- Associate Professor of Health Education
- Clinical Project Lead Data Management
- Clinical Studies Coordinator
- Community Coordinator
- Community Educator: Diabetes Prevention Program
- Community Epidemiologist
- Community Outreach Coordinator
- Community Prevention Analyst
- Community Prevention Specialist
- Contact Tracer Team Lead
- Contact Tracer/Public Health Investigator
- Covid 19- Contact Interview Supervisor
- Data Analyst
- Data Manager
- Deputy Health Agent
- Director of Health
- Director of Strategy
- Environmental Compliance Specialist
- Environmental Health Deputy County Manager
- Environmental Health Specialist
- Environmental, Health, & Safety (“EHS”) Coordinator
- Epidemiology COVID Response Team Lead
- Epidemiology Supervisor
- Health Education Program Manager
- Health Educator
- Health Project Manager
- Health Promotion Program Manager
- Health Promotions Educator
- HIV Coordinator
- HIV Epidemiologist
- HIV Prevention Coordinator
- Infection Preventionist
- Infectious Disease Epidemiologist
- Manager, Quality Management and Population Health
- Operations and Policy Analyst
- Policy Specialist
- Population Health and Quality Coordinator
- Program Associate
- Program Manager
- Project Coordinador
- Public Health Advisor
- Public Health and Preventative Specialist III
- Public Health Communication Specialist
- Public Health Consultant
- Public Health Emergency Preparedness Coordinator
- Public Health Sanitarian
- Research Assistant
- Research Integrity Administrator
- Research Specialist
- Senior Health Project Coordinator
- Substance Misuse Response Coordinator
- Vector Ecologist
Who’s hiring our graduate public health alumni?
- Aroostook County Action Program (Maine)
- Camden County Health Department (New Jersey)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Colorado Dept of Public Health & Environment
- Connecticut Department of Public Health
- Department of State- US Embassy
- Geisinger Health System (Pennsylvania)
- Institute for Public Health Innovation
- John’s Hopkins University
- Maine Family Planning
- Maine Department of Health and Human Services
- New Jersey Department of Health
- Northwestern Medicine
- Trenton Psychiatric Hospital
- University of New England
- Utah Department of Health
Have Questions? Contact an Enrollment Counselor!
Our enrollment counselors are program experts, and as such, they are available to answer your questions and help determine if a particular program would be a good fit for your particular career or educational goals. Additionally, our enrollment counselors are here to guide you through every step of the application process to help you stay organized and ultimately submit a strong application to the review committee.