Graduate Degree Programs in Education
Fully online, no campus visits required
The mission of the department of education is to develop – through research, service, and innovative teaching – reflective teachers and school leaders who are competent and caring lifelong learners. In addition, four guiding principles are used in development and delivery of all programs and courses: rigorous mind, compassionate heart, reflective stance, competent demonstration.
Master of Science in Education (MSEd)
Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study (CAGS)
- Curriculum & Instruction Strategies
- Educational Leadership
- Inclusion Education
- Literacy (K-12)
- Reading Specialist/Literacy Coach K-12
Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.)
Education program highlights include:
- 100% online no campus visits required
- Learn anytime from any place
- No GRE Required
- Renowned faculty of practitioners, researchers & educators
- Strong networking forum
- Regionally accredited by the New England Commission on Higher Education (NECHE, formerly known as the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education for NEASC)
- Recognized as one of the Best Online Education Programs by U.S. News and World Report
Growth in learning and professional development
As a teacher, you understand that there is always an opportunity for growth in learning. The majority of states in the U.S. require educators to meet ongoing continuing education requirements for professional development, with some states requiring master’s level education for licensure or tenure. There is value in turning this requirement for graduate coursework completion into a full master’s degree.
Open the door to leadership opportunities
A Master’s in education can open the door to growth and leadership opportunities in the education field, allowing you to move into administration, director level or content area specialist. Outside of the school system, educators with master’s level training can pursue consultative, research or training roles, and more.
Shape the future of education
Recognized as one of the Best Online Graduate Education Programs by U.S. News and World Report, UNE’s online graduate degrees in education provide students with the knowledge and skills to become leaders and shape the future of education. This recognition is a credit to our expert faculty, a robust curriculum and the success of our graduates.
Click on your program of interest below for more information on our education programs.
- Online Master’s of Science in Education FAQ
- Online CAGS & Post-Master’s Certificate FAQ
- Online Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) FAQ
- Graduate Programs in Education: Admission Requirements
- State Certification Requirements – Interactive Map
- For a comprehensive overview of UNE’s Online Graduate Programs in Education, download the online brochure.