Transfer Students: Welcome to the University of New England!

Transferring credits to UNE

Before becoming a student at UNE, your enrollment counselor can help advise you on transfer credit matters. Generally, UNE can accept transfer credits from regionally accredited institutions of higher education, AP, CLEP, accredited military training and, to some extent, for prior experiential learning. Some restrictions may apply.

Transfer evaluation

For admitted undergraduate students, a transfer evaluation is forwarded by the credentials evaluator to the student and his/her advisor. This is based on receipt of official transcripts from the sending institutions, for which arrangements must be made by the student.

Taking courses outside of UNE

After a student begins attending UNE, he or she must obtain permission to take coursework at other institutions. This must be done prior to enrolling in the external course(s). Official transcripts must be requested by the student and sent directly to Registration Services as soon as the coursework is completed.

Grade cutoffs

In most cases, coursework from other institutions must earn a grade of “C-” or higher to transfer here, and some programs impose higher grade cut-offs and/or time restrictions on the age of course work which can be transferred. Grade cutoff information can be found on the individual catalog page for your program.



Do you have questions about attending an online graduate school?

If you have any questions about coursework or program requirements, please speak to one of our enrollment counselors at the email or phone number below.