ANAT 1005: Anatomy Lecture & Lab
Anatomy Lecture & Lab Course Overview
- ANAT 1005, Anatomy Lecture & Lab, is a four-credit online lecture/lab anatomy course that focuses on an integrated study of human anatomy using a systemic approach to provide a solid foundation of body structure which is paramount to understanding physiological and pathological concepts. This course includes anatomy content from a theoretical point of view, as well as from the practical applications of the anatomical content in clinical settings.
Anatomy Lecture & Lab Course Outcomes
- Define critical terms and concepts related to the anatomical nomenclature.
- Explain the structure of human body systems.
- Define the locations of the surface and deep anatomical structures of the body.
- Relate the three-dimensional relationship of or between body structures to clinical applications or settings.
- Construct a foundation to comprehend the function of body organs and pathological processes.
- Apply the anatomical knowledge to clinical conditions
Anatomy Lecture & Lab Course Prerequisites
- One semester of college-level biology (BIOL 1010)
* Please note these prerequisites are highly suggested and support course preparedness and success. We recommend having completed the listed prerequisites before enrolling and within the past seven years.
How do exams work?
All exams are taken online. Major exams are required to be proctored online through ProctorU. For instructions on how to take your exams online, visit UNE Online’s ProctorU site. Please note exams must also be proctored with the UNE-approved external webcam.
How do labs work?
This course includes hands-on dissection of actual organs, as well as the use of virtual 3D interactive anatomy software that will allow students to perform virtual dissections.
ANAT 1005: Lecture/Lab
- Credits: 4
- Tuition: $1,440
- Registration: $30
- Total: $1,470*
*Total payment is due in full at the time of registration. The cost of the materials is not included in this total.
Required course materials
- Mandatory External Webcam and Whiteboard for Proctored Exams
- Martini FH, Tallitsch RB, Nath JL. Human Anatomy. 9th ed. New York. NY: Pearson. 2018. ISBN-13: 9780134424828
- Lab Materials:
All lab materials are purchased through your course. Please be aware that costs vary for each course and can range from $100- $500+.
Complete at Your Own Pace within 16 weeks
24/7 Online Registration
Courses Typically Begin Every Two to Three Weeks
Working at the pace typical for a four-semester hour course, the average student will complete this online course in approximately 16 weeks. Many students have elected an online course for the sake of flexibility. Since the course is self-paced, you may be able to complete the course in less than 16 weeks.
You may enroll for a course at any time through our self-service registration portal. Payment is needed in full at the time of registration.
You must be registered for your class by 12:00 noon EST the Monday before the class starts. Your official start date is the date that the course opens and you will have 16 weeks from that date to complete your course.
Your Dedicated Student Support Specialist
If you have any questions about registration, the coursework or course requirements, please reach out to one of our student service advisors at the email or phone number below.
If you intend to use VA Benefits or Military Tuition Assistance, please do not use the self-registration portal. Please call (855) 325-0894 to be directed to the appropriate office for assistance or view our Veteran Benefits page for more info.