Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Data Analytics
Turn data into applicable insights to improve quality care and solve the challenges facing healthcare.
Advancements in healthcare and delivery of care require professionals who are capable of collecting, analyzing, and translating health data to inform strategic decisions and improve care management. The volume of digital health information continues to accelerate resulting in workforce demand and shortage of qualified workers. Earning your Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Data Analytics can fast-track your career growth and sharpen in-demand skills to lead in health informatics – healthcare’s fastest-growing field.
Students who successfully complete the graduate certificate have the opportunity to build on their Health Informatics education and stack earned credits towards coursework requirements to earn your M.S. Health Informatics degree. With options to diversify your learning around four career focus areas available- health data analytics, training and development, healthcare leadership, and individualized.
Each of the four courses has been designed by health data experts & built with employer demand in mind.
Months to Complete
Gain advanced credentials in one semester, or less, with dedicated coaching & support.
Week Course Length
Concentrated learning with ready-to-use skills for modern health.
The Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management requires you to complete 12 credit hours of required courses. All courses are graduate level and taught in eight-week terms, allowing you to take two courses each term. The Healthcare Management certificate is two semesters in length, which is the time equivalent of eight months (presuming you choose to take a regular course load consisting of one course each eight-week term, two courses per semester). To accelerate earning your certificate, you may complete the program in six months or less by taking more than one course each eight-week term.
Students who successfully earn the Healthcare Data Analytics certificate are able to:
- Build a small relational database containing tables, views, and apply permissions to users using MySQL
- Perform basic statistical analysis to drive (analytical) results
- Apply advanced modeling and statistics using healthcare data to predict patient population trends
- Import, analyze and visualize select data using R- a key open-source language for large data sets
- Transform descriptive data statistics using visualizations through Tableau
- Act as a liaison between clinicians, IT departments, and those conducting research
- Stack earned credits from each course into an M.S. Health Informatics degree
Choose your own start time
Earning your graduate certificate in healthcare data analytics can fit into your busy schedule with multiple start times throughout the year. UNE Online offers rolling admission with three separate start times- Spring, Summer, and Fall- so you can begin as soon as you’re ready to start.
UNE Online is a proud Organizational Affiliate and Approved Education Partner of the global HIMSS network. As a recognized Approved Education Partner, HIMSS acknowledges UNE’s commitment to quality academic content in health technology and innovation, ability to cultivate leadership proficiencies, and instruction from distinguished faculty.
Students enrolled in the health informatics graduate program, including the graduate certificate offerings, are eligible to join the global health technology network for free providing you the opportunity to network with industry professionals, take advantage of career services, discover professional opportunities and much more.
Craving Industry Recognition?
Earning industry certification proves to employers you’re well prepared to lead in healthcare’s fastest growing field. At UNE we ensure our students are positioned for success in the field and to earn recognized certifications, like CAHIMS, demonstrating your dedication to furthering education and professional knowledge. The CAHIMS credential allows you to stand apart in the competitive market, expand career opportunities, and establish your expertise to the public.
Transfer credit policy
Upon acceptance, students may apply to transfer up to one, 3-credit course (maximum three semester credits) into the Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Data Analytics program.
In order to be considered for transfer into the Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Data Analytics program, the course must:
- Be classified as graduate level.
- Have been taken within five years of application.
- Have been completed with a grade of “B” or better.
- Be equivalent to one of the required program courses or an elective course that meets the goals of the student’s education.
- To request consideration for transfer credit, a student must provide an official transcript and a course syllabus for each course. Your enrollment counselor or student support specialist can assist you with this request.
If you have any questions about the coursework or the program requirements, please speak to one of our enrollment counselors at the email or phone number below.