Master of Healthcare Administration
Learn from New England’s premier health sciences university and Maine’s #1 provider of health professionals
Modern healthcare demands innovative health leaders with advanced business skills and people management expertise that can propel the industry and their organization forward. With a ten-year career growth estimated to reach 20% by 2026*, healthcare faces an immediate need to deliver competent professionals qualified to organize key healthcare resources, develop efficient strategies for administrative success, and examine latest technologies to transform quality and access to care for your community.
At UNE, we match you with industry-leading faculty to provide hands-on learning for immediate value you can apply to your organization. Our program is delivered in a 100% online format suited to meet the needs of your busy schedule.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2019 Occupational Outlook Handbook: “Medical and Health Services Managers
The Master of Healthcare Administration program offers global education positioned to develop industry professionals into future health innovators through scholarly research, collaborative learning, and career training- enabling graduates to shape all sectors of the healthcare industry and lead solutions to current challenges facing the field.
- Create plans and procedures that directly address modern healthcare challenges in managing diverse healthcare organizations
- Conceptualize healthcare management strategies utilizing core business and organizational management skills
- Generate healthcare administrative policies appropriate at different organizational levels, guided by required processes and methods of community and stakeholder engagement
- Synthesize proven leadership methods for effectively developing, communicating with, and motivating diverse audiences
- Healthcare Planning
- Assess healthcare strategic planning problems to develop comprehensive and practical solutions
- Evaluate strategies for increasing the reliability of healthcare processes, including using technology
- Healthcare Management
- Demonstrate mastery of leadership skills and tactics required of healthcare managers and executives in the current healthcare environment
- Evaluate operational and capital budgets for a health care facility, including sources of capital funding and costs, and create budget action plans informed by those analyses
- Healthcare Policy
- Evaluate significant policies that have shaped the American healthcare system
- Critically evaluate healthcare interests and goals to analyze, formulate, and advocate for policies that advance human rights and social, economic, and environmental justice
- Healthcare Leadership
- Demonstrate how to promote quality and a culture of patient safety
- Demonstrate effective methods for developing and motivating diverse audiences within healthcare settings to improve organizational agility
HIMSS Approved Education Partner
The University of New England is proud to join an exclusive group of organizations authorized to offer HIMSS-approved healthcare education and training programs. In earning the designation, UNE has demonstrated educational development that meets rigorous standards of quality established by HIMSS and prepares students for advanced learning of healthcare principles.
If you have any questions about the coursework or the program requirements, please speak to one of our enrollment counselors at the email or phone number below.