Healthcare Administration Admission Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or above from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent.
- See International Admissions for details regarding the evaluation of international degrees for grade and degree equivalency.
- 2.75 cumulative undergraduate GPA or better will be considered.
- Computer with an internet connection, including the hardware and software requirements described on the Technical Requirements page.
- Sufficient computer skills to navigate the internet as all classes are accessed 100% online.
What we look for in a Master of Healthcare Administration applicant
Healthcare ranks as the fastest-growing field in the U.S. with demand for skilled professionals lead its growth and development. We understand this evolution and pace excites applicants across diverse backgrounds with varied skills. The Healthcare Administration program has been designed to benefit both career changes and those currently serving the field. Successful applicants will possess a strong understanding the role healthcare plays in advancing public and community health, a demonstrated ability to succeed academically, and the capacity to master a broad range of disciplines crucial for career success.
- Create an account for the Online Application Portal, start a new application and fill out all required fields.
- You will be asked to provide contact information for three references, preferably of supervisory or leadership positions.
- Upload all supporting documents
- Professional Resume/CV: Must be current and include current professional roles and responsibilities
- Goal Statement/Essay: 500 – 1000 words. This statement should describe personal development and future goals; relevant professional experience; interest in advanced learning in your chosen field; and the capacity to succeed in a distance learning format, i.e., self-motivated, self-starter, comfortable with and access to a computer and the internet.
- Request an official transcript reflecting conferral of bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Official transcripts must be submitted to UNE directly from the institution. Please contact your college or university as soon as possible and request that they send an official transcript via mail to the address below or by certified electronic delivery. We will notify you as soon as we receive your official transcript.
- If your transcript is from an international institution, it will need to be translated and/or evaluated for U.S. grade and degree equivalency and sent to us directly from the evaluation company. Please contact an enrollment counselor for more information.
- If sent electronically, request that your transcript be sent to: email@example.com
- If mailed, request that your transcript be addressed to:
- Please Note: Additional transcripts may be required or requested. You can always submit additional transcripts if you feel they would strengthen your application.
- Pay non-refundable $40 application fee.
If you have any questions about admission requirements, the coursework or program requirements, please speak to one of our enrollment counselors at the email or phone number below.
Procedures and Policies
Upon acceptance, students may apply to transfer up to three, 3-credit courses (maximum nine semester credits) into the Master of Healthcare Administration program.
In order to be considered for transfer into the Master of Healthcare Administration program, courses must:
- Be classified as graduate level.
- Have been taken within five years of application.
- Have been completed with a grade of "B" or better.
- Be equivalent to one of the required program courses or an elective course that meets the goals of the student's education.
To request consideration for transfer credit, a student must provide an official transcript and a course syllabus for each course. Your enrollment counselor or student support specialist can assist you with this request.
All application materials submitted to UNE are valid for 12 months from the date received by the University. To avoid needing to re-request transcripts and letters of recommendation, we recommend that you complete your application and enroll in a timely manner. In the event that you need to re-apply or re-activate your application, materials older than 12 months will need to be re-submitted without exception.
Students not seeking a degree may enroll into individual courses offered as part of the Master of Healthcare Administration program, as a non-matriculated student, space permitting and upon approval by the program manager. Non-matriculated students must hold a bachelor's degree or above and submit an official transcript reflecting conferral of degree. Students may not move from non-matriculated to matriculated status within the same semester. Please contact an enrollment counselor to assist in this process.
More information explaining the admissions requirements for international students or applicants with international degrees can be found here on the International Admissions page. If you have specific questions, please contact an enrollment counselor for personal guidance through the application process.
Your Healthcare Administration Enrollment Counselors
Our enrollment counselors are here to help you understand the Healthcare Administration admission requirements and assist you throughout the entire application process.