Post-Master’s Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction Strategies
Enhance your teaching skills with a Post-Master’s Certificate from UNE
The Post-Master’s Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction Strategies is a 15-credit program, offered completely online. The Post-Master’s Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction Strategies is for professional K-12 educators who wish to focus on strengthening their classroom in the areas of literacy and inclusion. The course on instructional leadership, in particular, examines how one teacher can make a difference in curriculum beyond the single classroom.
Includes methods and strategies for teaching all students in inclusion settings, with a special course on the range and use of assistive technologies. This online program will also explore study skills and literacy interventions that can be used within the content area.
You will learn to:
- Develop better curriculum
- Become a better leader
- Advance your inclusion teaching methods
Educators will learn current models for curriculum design to ensure that materials meet appropriate content and learning goals.
Post-Master’s Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction Strategies Program Highlights
- 15-credit hour program
- Complete your degree in less than one year
- 100% online – no campus visits required
- Learn anytime from any place
- No GRE Required
- Dynamic faculty of practitioners, researchers and educators
- Regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges (NEASC)
The University of New England is regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC CIHE). NEASC is the nation’s oldest regional accrediting association whose mission is the establishment and maintenance of high levels of education, from pre-kindergarten through the higher education doctoral level. Accreditation is the review of the quality of educational institutions and programs. In the United States, accreditation is a major way that the public knows that an institution or program provides a high quality education.
Click here to learn more »
US News and World Report Ranking
The University of New England claimed a spot in U.S. News & World Report’s 2015 rankings for Best Online Graduate Education Programs. UNE placed 100th out of 250 public and private colleges and universities listed in the report. UNE is one of only 25 private universities appearing in the top 100, and is one of just two Maine institutions included in the ranking.
- EDU 707 Instructional Leadership (3 Credits)
- EDU 721 Using Technology within Inclusion Education (3 Credits)
- EDU 723 Teaching and Learning in Inclusion Settings (3 Credits)
- EDU 742 Study Skills & Content Literacy Instruction for All (3 Credits)
- EDU 743 Connecting Reading with Writing for Success (3 Credits)