Contact Us: (855) 325-0894 | Email our Staff
Health Science and Math Courses Offered Fully Online
College of Osteopathic Medicine (COM)
The UNE College of Osteopathic Medicine’s post-baccalaureate sequence – or science prerequisites – are for students who wish to enter a health professions program but need a few necessary prerequisite courses for their application. Most students will be in the workforce and changing careers and need one or two classes to satisfy their nursing prerequisites or medical school prerequisites.
Students may enroll in the post-baccalaureate online science prerequisite courses at any time and from anywhere in the world, as long as they meet the prerequisites for the individual courses. The courses are self-paced and designed to be completed in 16 weeks.
Online science prerequisite courses offered by UNE’s College of Osteopathic Medicine (COM):
- Anatomy ANAT 1005
- Medical Biochemistry CHEM 1005
- Medical Biology I with laboratory BIOL 1010
- Medical Biology II with laboratory BIOL 1011
- Medical General Chemistry I with laboratory CHEM 1010, CHEM 1010L
- Medical General Chemistry II with laboratory CHEM 1011, CHEM 1011L
- Medical Physiology PHSL 1010
- Medical Terminology MEDT 1000
- Microbiology for Health Professions with laboratory BIOL 1020, BIOL 1020L
- Organic Chemistry I with laboratory CHEM 1020, CHEM 1020L
- Organic Chemistry II with laboratory CHEM 1021, CHEM 1021L
- Pathophysiology BIOL 1030
- Physics for the Health Professions I PHYS 1010
- Statistics for the Health Professions MATH 1005
While you may enroll into our courses at any time, all courses start on the first and third Wednesday of the month. Course registrations need to be completed by noon EST on the Monday before the course opens. Please refer to the Academic Calendar for specific dates.
Take as many science prerequisites as you require
Students may take as many courses as needed in order to meet the prerequisite requirements for the health professions program to which they are applying. Many health professions programs accept these courses but we encourage you to check with the schools to which you are planning to apply to verify that the courses are acceptable before you register.
Questions? Contact our enrollment team at (855) 325-0894. Or, email an enrollment counselor today.