Post-Master’s Certificate in Educational Leadership
Earn your leadership education credits from UNE
This concentration in Educational Leadership is a 15-credit online program for professional K-12 educators who are considering school administration. Matched to the national standards set by the Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium (ISLLC), the courses provide entry-level knowledge and skills for beginning school administrators.
Teachers will be introduced to the theories and practices of effective leadership, including:
- Team building
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Strategic planning
Special attention is given to supervision and evaluation of personnel. Educators emerge with a strong understanding of the legal milieu, and the analytical skills to interpret potential legal issues within the school. Throughout this program, teachers gain valuable insight into budget development and expenditure, as well as into organizational theory, especially as it relates to change.
This is a 15-credit Post-Master’s Certificate in Educational Leadership.
Specific state requirements for entry level into assistant principal or principal positions should be researched before entering the program.
Additional programs in Educational Leadership are available:
- Certificate in Advanced Educational Leadership (CAGS)
- Post-Master’s Certificate in Leadership, Ethics & Change
- 15-credit hour program
- Complete your degree in less than one year
- 100% online – no campus visits required
- Learn anytime from any place
- No GRE Required
- Dynamic faculty of practitioners, researchers and educators
- Regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges (NEASC)
The University of New England is regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC CIHE). NEASC is the nation’s oldest regional accrediting association whose mission is the establishment and maintenance of high levels of education, from pre-kindergarten through the higher education doctoral level. Accreditation is the review of the quality of educational institutions and programs. In the United States, accreditation is a major way that the public knows that an institution or program provides a high quality education.
Click here to learn more »
US News and World Report Ranking
The University of New England claimed a spot in U.S. News & World Report’s 2015 rankings for Best Online Graduate Education Programs. UNE placed 100th out of 250 public and private colleges and universities listed in the report. UNE is one of only 25 private universities appearing in the top 100, and is one of just two Maine institutions included in the ranking.
- EDU 701 Educational Leadership (3 Credits)
- EDU 702 School Law (3 Credits)
- EDU 704 Supervision and Evaluation of Instructional Personnel (3 Credits)
- EDU 709 School Finance (3 Credits)
- EDU 715 Organizational Theory and Strategic Planning (3 Credits)