Post-Master’s Professional Education in Leadership, Ethics and Change
Earn your post-master’s professional education 100% online
The concentration in Leadership, Ethics and Change is a 15-credit online program for professional educators who are pursuing school administrator positions. This online program includes a 15-week internship experience.
The Leadership, Ethics & Change program provides a thorough foundation in educational leadership theory, principles, and practices. Participants address the current state of the educational system, then progress into educational change and school reform. The responsibilities and ethics involved in educational leadership are also explored, and the relationships between school, administrators, and the community are examined.
Special focus is paid to the skills needed to instruct, inspire and lead fellow teachers and administrators. Team building, decision making, and motivational techniques are also discussed. During the internship portion, students will keep a journal, complete leadership projects, and become involved in activities that enhance their understanding of leadership roles. They will have the support of two mentors, one provided by the school and another on-site mentor of their choosing.
For further study of leadership in the field of education, other programs are available, including:
- Post-Master’s Professional Education in Educational Leadership
- Certificate in Advanced Educational Leadership (CAGS)
This is a 15-credit post-masters professional education program.
- 15-credit hour program
- Complete your degree in less than one year
- 100% online – no campus visits required
- Learn anytime from any place
- No GRE Required
- Dynamic faculty of practitioners, researchers and educators
- Regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges (NEASC)
The University of New England is regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC CIHE). NEASC is the nation’s oldest regional accrediting association whose mission is the establishment and maintenance of high levels of education, from pre-kindergarten through the higher education doctoral level. Accreditation is the review of the quality of educational institutions and programs. In the United States, accreditation is a major way that the public knows that an institution or program provides a high quality education.
Click here to learn more »
US News and World Report Ranking
The University of New England claimed a spot in U.S. News & World Report’s 2015 rankings for Best Online Graduate Education Programs. UNE placed 100th out of 250 public and private colleges and universities listed in the report. UNE is one of only 25 private universities appearing in the top 100, and is one of just two Maine institutions included in the ranking.
- EDU 703 Educational Change/School Reform (3 Credits)
- EDU 705 Leadership, Professional Responsibilities, & Ethics (3 Credits)
- EDU 706 School-Community Relations & Communications (3 Credits)
- EDU 707 Instructional Leadership (3 Credits)
- EDU 791/792 Internship I & II
Click here for full course descriptions for Leadership, Ethics and Change.