Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study in Literacy (K-12)
Enhance your teaching skills with a Post-Master’s Certificate from UNE.
The Literacy (K-12) Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study is a 15-credit online program for K-12 educators who wish to delve deeper into the importance of reading and writing for all student to be successful.
This is a 15-credit post-master’s certificate program.
Please note: This program does not lead to reading specialist certification.
- 15-credit hour program
- Complete your degree in less than one year
- 100% online – no campus visits required
- Learn anytime from any place
- No GRE Required
- Dynamic faculty of practitioners, researchers and educators
- Regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges (NEASC)
The University of New England is regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC CIHE). NEASC is the nation’s oldest regional accrediting association whose mission is the establishment and maintenance of high levels of education, from pre-kindergarten through the higher education doctoral level. Accreditation is the review of the quality of educational institutions and programs. In the United States, accreditation is a major way that the public knows that an institution or program provides a high quality education.
Click here to learn more »
Best Online Master's Program 2013
UNE's online Master of Science in Education program has been recognized as one of U.S. News and World Report's Best Online Education Programs for 2013. U.S. News & World Report evaluated hundreds of regionally accredited online master's degree programs to make their selections based on admissions selectivity, student engagement, faculty credentials and training, and student services and technology, noting that quality online graduate education programs provide students with opportunities to interact with their instructors and fellow classmates, as well as diverse online learning technologies that allow student flexibility. Additionally, a strong support structure that includes career guidance, academic assistance, and financial aid resources was an important consideration identified. UNE is proud to be recognized among the top schools to meet this criteria. Learn more about the U.S. News & World Report rankings for 2013 »
- EDU 740 Supporting Literacy Development (3 Credits)
- EDU 741 Literacy Assessments as Teaching Tools (3 Credits)
- EDU 742 Study Skills & Content Literacy Instruction (3 Credits)
- EDU 743 Connecting Reading with Writing for Success (3 Credits)
- EDU 744 Meeting Student Literacy Challenges (3 Credits)