Master of Science in Education in Career and Technical Education
Enhance leadership skills: earn your Master’s degree online
The Master of Science in Education in Career and Technical Education, CTE, is offered fully online and is designed for practicing CTE instructors who wish to enhance their CTE knowledge and skills. The focus of the online CTE graduate education program is on improving instructional and curricular competencies as well as the development of leadership skills.
Participants will develop the capability to make use of research findings relevant to the Career and Technical Education classroom. This online Master of Science in Career and Technical Education program provides an opportunity for instructors to establish collaborative relationships with colleagues from across the nation and world.
- 30-credit hour program
- Complete your degree in just under two years
- 100% online – no campus visits required
- Learn anytime from any place
- No GRE Required
- Dynamic faculty of practitioners, researchers and educators
- Regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges (NEASC)
The University of New England is regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC CIHE). NEASC is the nation’s oldest regional accrediting association whose mission is the establishment and maintenance of high levels of education, from pre-kindergarten through the higher education doctoral level. Accreditation is the review of the quality of educational institutions and programs. In the United States, accreditation is a major way that the public knows that an institution or program provides a high quality education.
Click here to learn more »
US News and World Report Ranking
The University of New England claimed a spot in U.S. News & World Report’s 2015 rankings for Best Online Graduate Education Programs. UNE placed 100th out of 250 public and private colleges and universities listed in the report. UNE is one of only 25 private universities appearing in the top 100, and is one of just two Maine institutions included in the ranking.
- EDU 600 Teacher as Leader (Credits: 3)
- EDU 610 Differentiation Theory & Strategies (Credits: 3)
- EDU 615 Motivational Theory & Class Management (Credits: 3)
- EDU 690 Action Research (Credits: 3)
- EDU 695 Portfolio (Credits: 3)
- EDU 751 The Application Model of Learning – Curriculum Development (Credits: 3)
- EDU 753 Working with Special Needs Students (Credits: 3)
- EDU 755 Utilizing Literacy Strategies in CTE Learning Environments (Credits: 3)
- EDU 757 Health and Safety Implementation for CTE (Credits: 3)
- EDU 759 Preparing Students for College, Careers, & Citizenship (Credits: 3)