Master of Education in Career and Technical Education
Become a leader in education with your online Master’s degree from UNE.
The Career and Technical Education (CTE) concentration, offered fully online, is designed for practicing CTE instructors who wish to enhance their CTE knowledge and skills. The focus of the online CTE graduate education program is on improving instructional and curricular competencies as well as the development of leadership skills.
Participants will develop the capability to make use of research findings relevant to the CTE classroom. This online CTE program provides an opportunity for instructors to establish collaborative relationships with colleagues from across the nation and world.
- 30-credit hour program
- Complete your degree in just under two years
- 100% online – no campus visits required
- Learn anytime from any place
- No GRE Required
- Dynamic faculty of practitioners, researchers and educators
- Regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges (NEASC)
The University of New England is regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC CIHE). NEASC is the nation’s oldest regional accrediting association whose mission is the establishment and maintenance of high levels of education, from pre-kindergarten through the higher education doctoral level. Accreditation is the review of the quality of educational institutions and programs. In the United States, accreditation is a major way that the public knows that an institution or program provides a high quality education.
Click here to learn more »
Best Online Master's Program 2013
UNE's online Master of Science in Education program has been recognized as one of U.S. News and World Report's Best Online Education Programs for 2013. U.S. News & World Report evaluated hundreds of regionally accredited online master's degree programs to make their selections based on admissions selectivity, student engagement, faculty credentials and training, and student services and technology, noting that quality online graduate education programs provide students with opportunities to interact with their instructors and fellow classmates, as well as diverse online learning technologies that allow student flexibility. Additionally, a strong support structure that includes career guidance, academic assistance, and financial aid resources was an important consideration identified. UNE is proud to be recognized among the top schools to meet this criteria. Learn more about the U.S. News & World Report rankings for 2013 »
- EDU 600: Teacher as Leader (Credits: 3)
- EDU 610: Differentiation Theory & Strategies (Credits: 3)
- EDU 615: Motivational Theory & Class Management (Credits: 3)
- EDU 690: Action Research (Credits: 3)
- EDU 695: Portfolio (Credits: 3)
- EDU 751: The Application Model of Learning – Curriculum Development (Credits: 3)
- EDU 753: Working with Special Needs Students (Credits: 3)
- EDU 755: Utilizing Literacy Strategies in CTE Learning Environments (Credits: 3)
- EDU 757: Health and Safety Implementation for CTE (Credits: 3)
- EDU 759: Preparing Students for College, Careers, & Citizenship (Credits: 3)