Master of Science in Education in Curriculum & Instruction Strategies
Become a leader in education – earn your master’s degree online
This fully online Master of Science in Education in Curriculum and Instruction Strategies degree is tailored for working professionals who are interested in achieving results in their classroom performance.
The Curriculum and Instruction Strategies concentration begins by addressing leadership and showing teachers how to build motivation and creativity among colleagues. It proceeds to demonstrate current models for curriculum design to insure that materials meet appropriate content and learning goals in actual classrooms.
Participants will learn how to address the diverse needs, abilities and experiences of their students. This includes teaching and learning methods for all students, including those with special needs. Assistive technologies will be examined to determine its effectiveness in reaching students in the classroom. As part of this degree program, insight into how these strategies work for peer educators will be gained. Other topics of study include study skills, connections between reading and writing, instructional strategy, ESL students, students with disabilities, and literacy development.
- 30-credit hour program
- Complete your degree in just under two years
- 100% online – no campus visits required
- Learn anytime from any place
- No GRE Required
- Dynamic faculty of practitioners, researchers and educators
- Regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges (NEASC)
The University of New England is regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC CIHE). NEASC is the nation’s oldest regional accrediting association whose mission is the establishment and maintenance of high levels of education, from pre-kindergarten through the higher education doctoral level. Accreditation is the review of the quality of educational institutions and programs. In the United States, accreditation is a major way that the public knows that an institution or program provides a high quality education.
Click here to learn more »
US News and World Report Ranking
The University of New England claimed a spot in U.S. News & World Report’s 2015 rankings for Best Online Graduate Education Programs. UNE placed 100th out of 250 public and private colleges and universities listed in the report. UNE is one of only 25 private universities appearing in the top 100, and is one of just two Maine institutions included in the ranking.
Please note: This program does not lead to a curriculum & instruction certification.
- EDU 600 Teacher as Leader (Credits: 3)
- EDU 610 Differentiation Theory & Strategies (Credits: 3)
- EDU 615 Motivational Theory & Class Management (Credits: 3)
- EDU 690 Action Research (Credits: 3)
- EDU 695 Portfolio (Credits: 3)
- EDU 707 Instructional Leadership (3 Credits)
- EDU 721 Using Technology within Inclusion Education (3 Credits)
- EDU 723 Teaching and Learning in Inclusion Settings (3 Credits)
- EDU 742 Study Skills & Content Literacy Instruction for All (3 Credits)
- EDU 743 Connecting Reading with Writing for Success (3 Credits)