Master of Science in Education in Educational Leadership
Earn your online master’s degree from UNE
The Master of Science in Education in Educational Leadership is primarily designed for professional K-12 educators who are considering school administration. With 15 credit hours of the program devoted to enhancing this skill, educators will find an enriching education in the exact area they hope to refine in their careers. These courses are matched to the national standards set by the Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium (ISLLC) and provide entry-level knowledge and skills for beginning school administrators.
During the Educational Leadership program, teachers will be introduced to the theories and practices of effective leadership centering on the importance of team building, decision-making, problem solving and strategic planning. Within these areas, focus is placed on supervision and evaluation of personnel, the legal milieu and analysis skills to interpret potential legal issues within the school, budget development and expenditure, and organizational theory especially as it relates to change.
- 30-credit hour program
- Complete your degree in just under two years
- 100% online – no campus visits required
- Learn anytime from any place
- No GRE Required
- Dynamic faculty of practitioners, researchers and educators
- Regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges (NEASC)
The University of New England is regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC CIHE). NEASC is the nation’s oldest regional accrediting association whose mission is the establishment and maintenance of high levels of education, from pre-kindergarten through the higher education doctoral level. Accreditation is the review of the quality of educational institutions and programs. In the United States, accreditation is a major way that the public knows that an institution or program provides a high quality education.
Click here to learn more »
US News and World Report Ranking
The University of New England claimed a spot in U.S. News & World Report’s 2015 rankings for Best Online Graduate Education Programs. UNE placed 100th out of 250 public and private colleges and universities listed in the report. UNE is one of only 25 private universities appearing in the top 100, and is one of just two Maine institutions included in the ranking.
Please note: This program does not lead to an educational leadership certification.
- EDU 600 Teacher as Leader (Credits: 3)
- EDU 610 Differentiation Theory & Strategies (Credits: 3)
- EDU 615 Motivational Theory & Class Management (Credits: 3)
- EDU 690 Action Research (Credits: 3)
- EDU 695 Portfolio (Credits: 3)
- EDU 701 Educational Leadership (3 Credits)
- EDU 702 School Law (3 Credits)
- EDU 704 Supervision and Evaluation of Instructional Personnel (3 Credits)
- EDU 709 School Finance (3 Credits)
- EDU 715 Organizational Theory and Strategic Planning (3 Credits)
Click here for the full course descriptions for the Educational Leadership curriculum.