Master of Science in Education in Inclusion Education
University of New England online Master of Science in Education
Educators looking to understand the most recent strategies for reaching challenged learners should consider the Master of Science in Education in Inclusion Education program at the University of New England. Educators in this fast-growing field can gain insight into assessment and instruction for students at all levels, by choosing this specialized concentration.
These courses are designed for educators, both teachers and administrators, who wish to have more background in inclusion practices and concerns. Because the courses are all taken online, educators are able to implement the strategies they learn in order to start better assessing their students before the program is completed.
This unique concentration explores methods and strategies for teaching all students in inclusion settings with a special course on the range and use of assistive technologies. Furthermore, formal and informal procedures for assessing special needs students will be reviewed with a focus always on utilizing the results to inform and plan instruction. Finally, the ability to apply special education law to your setting and a practicum to integrate all your inclusive education learning concludes this concentration.
- 30-credit hour program
- Complete your degree in just under two years
- 100% online – no campus visits required
- Learn anytime from any place
- No GRE Required
- Dynamic faculty of practitioners, researchers and educators
- Regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges (NEASC)
The University of New England is regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC CIHE). NEASC is the nation’s oldest regional accrediting association whose mission is the establishment and maintenance of high levels of education, from pre-kindergarten through the higher education doctoral level. Accreditation is the review of the quality of educational institutions and programs. In the United States, accreditation is a major way that the public knows that an institution or program provides a high quality education.
Click here to learn more »
US News and World Report Ranking
The University of New England claimed a spot in U.S. News & World Report’s 2015 rankings for Best Online Graduate Education Programs. UNE placed 100th out of 250 public and private colleges and universities listed in the report. UNE is one of only 25 private universities appearing in the top 100, and is one of just two Maine institutions included in the ranking.
Inclusion Education Courses (15 credits)
- EDU 600 Teacher as Leader (Credits: 3)
- EDU 610 Differentiation Theory & Strategies (Credits: 3)
- EDU 615 Motivational Theory & Class Management (Credits: 3)
- EDU 690 Action Research (Credits: 3)
- EDU 695 Portfolio (Credits: 3)
- EDU 720 Special Education Law for the Classroom (3 Credits)
- EDU 721 Using Technology within Inclusion Education (3 Credits)
- EDU 722 Special Education Assessment in Inclusion Settings (3 Credits)
- EDU 723 Teaching and Learning in Inclusion Settings (3 Credits)
- EDU 724 Collaboration in Inclusion Settings (3 Credits)
Click here for the full course descriptions for the Inclusion Education curriculum.