Frequently Asked Questions about Online Graduate School

What’s it like, being in online graduate school at UNE?


Does UNE offer academic support to its online students?

Yes! UNE provides free tutoring services to all students in all programs.

Do I have a liaison who I can contact if I have questions or concerns about my program?

Yes! Every student has a Student Support Specialist. Your “SSS” can help you with a wide range of issues, from registration to technology to course planning. If the SSS doesn’t have the answer, s/he will help you connect with the university representative who does have the answer.

Is there financial aid for my program?

Yes! UNE’s financial aid office can help you make school affordable!

How long does it take an instructor to reply to my question about class?

Our instructors aim to respond to questions within 24 hours.

Can I use a Mac or do I need a PC?

We use Blackboard as our learning management system, which supports both Mac and PC. So either will work!

Do I have access to a library?

Yes! Everything you need for your class is available through our online library. If you live locally, feel free to use additional resources on campus.

Will I attend an orientation?

Yes! All students are required to complete an online orientation before they begin classes.

I need to take a break from my classes. Is this possible without hurting my enrollment status?

Yes! Students are allowed to take a Leave of Absence (LOA). This allows students to take the time they need for a personal situation, such as an illness or relocation.


I’d Like to Learn More Apply Now