Graduate Programs in Health Informatics Admission Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or above from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent.
- See International Admission for details regarding the evaluation of international degrees for grade and degree equivalency.
- 2.75 cumulative undergraduate GPA or better will be considered for the health informatics master’s degree and graduate certificate programs.
- Computer with internet connection, including the hardware and software requirements described on the Technical Requirements page. Must also possess sufficient computer skills to navigate the internet as all classes are accessed 100% online.
What this program looks for in an applicant
We recognize that health informatics is a rapidly evolving field of study and that applicants from diverse backgrounds are drawn to this program. Successful students have rich backgrounds with a variety of professional and academic experiences. There is no one typical background, but rather the successful student is characterized by a lifelong curiosity, a natural perseverance, and an inclination to take on new challenges.
The ability to learn and adapt to new tools and technology is an asset in this program. Students with the capacity to manage multiple competing priorities are most successful in our online learning environment.
- Create an account for the Online Application Portal, start a new application and fill out all required fields.
- You will be asked to provide contact information for three references, preferably of supervisory or leadership positions.
- Goal Statement/Essay: 500 – 1000 words. This statement should describe personal development and future goals; relevant professional experience; interest in graduate study in health informatics; and the capacity to succeed in a distance learning format, i.e., self-motivated, self-starter, comfortable with and access to a computer and the internet.
- Upload all supporting documents
- Professional Resume/CV: Must be current and include current professional roles and responsibilities
- Request an official transcript reflecting conferral of bachelor’s degree or higher. Applicants with international degrees should contact an enrollment counselor for more information.
- Official transcripts must be submitted to UNE directly from the institution. Please contact your college or university as soon as possible and request that they send an official transcript via mail to the address below or by certified electronic delivery. We will notify you as soon as we receive your official transcript.
- If your transcript is from an international institution, it will need to be translated and/or evaluated for U.S. grade and degree equivalency and sent to us directly from the evaluation company. Please contact an enrollment counselor for more information.
- If sent electronically, request that your transcript be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If mailed, request that your transcript be addressed to:
- Please Note: Additional transcripts may be required or requested. You can always submit additional transcripts if you feel they would strengthen your application.
- Pay non-refundable $40 application fee.
Enrollment counselors are here to help you understand the Health Informatics admission requirements and assist you throughout the entire application process.
If you have any questions about the coursework, admission, or the program requirements, please speak to one of our enrollment counselors at the email or phone number below.