Graduate Certificate in Public Health (GCPH)
A 100% online, 18-credit certificate program that will provide a solid public health foundation
UNE’s 18-credit hour Graduate Certificate in Public Health provides students with the core public health concepts they need to either enhance their professional knowledge or to pursue a graduate degree in the field. These 18 credit hours are the foundation courses for UNE’s Master of Public Health degree. All certificate program courses are transferable to UNE’s MPH degree program.
With a mission centering on teaching, research, and service, the program educates students from across the nation. The online public health program boasts a renowned faculty who are leaders in public health research with extensive collaborative partnerships in the public health community.
- 18 credit hours
- Complete your certificate in just 1 year
- 100% online – no campus visits required
- Learn anytime, from any place
- Dynamic faculty of practitioners, researchers & educators
- No GRE required to apply
- Focused study in areas of interest
- Regionally accredited by New England Commission on Higher Education (NECHE)
- Accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH)
The Master of Public Health and Graduate Certificate in Public Health programs at the University of New England are accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH). Click here to learn more »
The University of New England is regionally accredited by the New England Commission on Higher Education (NECHE). NECHE is the regional accreditation agency for colleges and universities in the six New England states: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Accreditation is the review of the quality of educational institutions and programs. In the United States, accreditation is a major way that the public knows that an institution or program provides a high quality education.
All graduate certificate students must complete the following courses (18 credits):
- GPH 714 Principles of Public Health (3 credits)
- GPH 712 Principles of Epidemiology (3 credits)
- GPH 716 Biostatistics (3 credits)
- GPH 726 Social and Behavioral Health (3 credits)
- GPH 702 Public Health Policy and Management (3 credits)
- GPH 722 Introduction to Environmental Health (3 credits)
If you have any questions about the coursework or the program requirements, please speak to one of our enrollment counselors at the email or phone number below.