Graduate Certificate in Online Learning Design
Learn new techniques and skills in online teaching and course design
Read how our own Instructional Design team creates engaging online learning.
The 12-credit Online Learning Design Graduate Certificate provides students with the knowledge and confidence to create online learning experiences that revolve around curriculum design, instructional and assessment strategies, and innovative technology implementation.
This Skill Set Is More Important Now Than Ever
Modern education needs agile instruction, including the ability to quickly pivot to online learning when other modalities become unavailable. By earning this certificate you will be equipped with the skills and techniques to become an expert in online learning design.
Who Should Enroll in this Certificate?
This certificate is ideal for individuals working in a K-12 or higher education setting who are passionate about online learning and want to improve their ability to teach and design online courses. This certificate is also ideal for individuals working in training, development, or instructional design settings who feel this skillset would help bolster their career and professional goals in online learning design.
- 12-credit hour certificate
- Complete in as few as eight months
- Multiple start times: spring, summer, and fall
- 100% online – no campus visits required
- Dynamic faculty of practitioners, researchers and educators
- Regionally accredited by New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE)
[accordions id=”40536″][accordions id=”40537″][accordions id=”40538″]
Choose one of the following for your final course: [accordions id=”40807″][accordions id=”40541″]
Certificate Learning Outcomes
You will learn how to:
- Recognize and apply best practices in online course design, including designing for equity for all students and applying the principles of universal design for learning.
- Design and create effective technology-enabled online learning experiences.
- Evaluate and apply multiple strategies supporting virtual assessment.
- Determine favorable methods to engage online learners and construct courses that incorporate such methods.
- Analyze methods of providing meaningful feedback to online students.
- Navigate the online learning ecosystem and develop plans to implement emerging technologies such as synchronous and asynchronous video, simulations, and gamification (EDU 634: Navigating your School’s Online Learning Ecosystem)
- Address authentic online learning challenges by researching and implementing appropriate technologies and methods such as asynchronous video, emerging digital narrative forms, simulations, and gamification (EDU 635: Advanced Elements of Learning Experience Design)
MSEd Stackability Opportunity
Graduates of this certificate can apply the credits earned in the Graduate Certificate to our Master of Science in Education (MSEd) program as well. This is a great opportunity for students to earn their M.S. in Education at a lower cost and a quicker completion time.
Accreditation is the review of the quality of educational institutions and programs. In the United States, accreditation is a major way that the public knows that an institution or program provides a high quality education. The University of New England is regionally accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). Learn more »
Suggested next steps:
If you have any questions about the coursework or the program requirements, please speak to one of our enrollment counselors at the email or phone number below.
If you have any questions about the graduate programs in Education coursework or the program requirements, please speak to one of our enrollment counselors at the email or phone number below.