Drop, Withdrawal, and Refund Policies
The following Drop, Withdrawal, and Refund Policies apply to the Science Prerequisites for Health Professions programs only. If you are a student matriculated into a UNE Online graduate program, please consult your Student Support Specialist for the policies associated with matriculated graduate programs.
For dropping a course on or before the first day of class; after the first day, refer to the Withdrawal Policy.
- Payment is due in full at the time of registration. Unsuccessful payment may result in an automatic drop from the course, but the student is still responsible for payment if the drop does not occur.
- Students have until 11:59 PM ET on or before their start date to drop the course.
- A course dropped on or before the start date will not appear on the student’s transcript.
- A course dropped on or before the start date will result in a 100% refund.
How to Drop a Course on or Before the First Day of Class:
Students may drop their course through our registration portal.
1. Navigate to U-Online (uonline.une.edu)
2. Go to the Register and Add/Drop Classes screen
3. In your schedule, click on the pull-down menu in the column titled action.
4. Choose the DROP option
5. Click the Submit Changes button
For further confirmation or information on your refund please contact us at: 855-325-0894 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For withdrawals between day 2 (Thursday) through 11:59 PM ET on day 8 (the followingWednesday):
- During week 1, students may self-withdraw from the course.
- A withdrawal results in a grade of “W” on the transcript. A “W” is not calculated into the GPA, but it will appear on the transcript.
- A withdrawal from a course during week 1 will result in a 40% refund.
How to Withdraw from a Course During Week 1:
Students may self-withdraw from their course through our registration portal.
- Navigate to U-Online (uonline.une.edu)
- Go to the Register and Add/Drop Classes screen
- In your schedule, click on the pull-down menu in the column titled action.
- Choose the DROP option
- Click the Submit Changes button
For further confirmation or information on your refund please contact us at 855-325-0894 or by email at email@example.com.
Withdrawal Policy — Weeks 2-8
For withdrawals between Week 2 (which begins the second Thursday) through Wednesday, 11:59 PM ET at the end of Week 8:
- Between weeks 2 through 8, students may request a withdrawal from their course by submitting a withdrawal form to the Registrar.
- A withdrawal results in a grade of “W” on their transcript. A “W” is not calculated into the GPA, but it will appear on the transcript.
- A withdrawal between weeks 2 through 8 will result in no refund.
- After week 8, students are not permitted to withdraw from their course(s).
- Withdrawal deadlines are found on the Science Prerequisites for the Health Professions Academic Calendar.
How to Withdraw from a Course (Weeks 2 through 8)
Students will need request a withdrawal through the Registrar’s office and will have until 11:59pm ET on Wednesday at the end of the 8th week to request this.
- Complete the Withdrawal Form
- Contact your assigned student service advisor if you have questions or need help completing the form.
- Email the form to the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 207-602-5927.
*Please note the email must come from your UNE email.
- Your withdrawal will be processed in 1-2 business days.
- Be sure to check your unofficial transcript at http://uonline.une.edu/ to verify the withdrawal.
Drop Refund Policy
100% refund on or before the official start date of the course (by 11:59pm ET the first Wednesday).
Withdrawal Refund Policy
40% refund between the second day of the course and the end of the first week of the course (the following Wednesday at 11:59pm ET).
1. Log into U-Online
2. Select Personal Information Tab
3. Select Personal Information and Settings Option
4. Select Direct Deposit Allocation Option
5. Be sure to select the Accounts Payable Option
6. Confirm your bank and rounding information is accurate
*This must be completed within 1 to 3 business days. Otherwise, Student Financial Services will issue a check and mail it to the address they have on file.
*If you have difficulties logging into U-Online please reach out to IT (1-877-518-4673).
If you have any questions about registration, the coursework or course requirements, please reach out to one of our student service advisors at the email or phone number below.
If you intend to use VA Benefits or Military Tuition Assistance, please do not use the self-registration portal. Please call (855) 325-0894 to be directed to the appropriate office for assistance or view our Veteran Benefits page for more info.