Public Health Student Association Elects New Executive Board
The Public Health program at UNE is pleased to welcome in the new 2015-2016 executive board for SAPH, the Student Association for Public Health at UNE.
Please join me in welcoming the following new executive board members:
- Ashley Devereaux, President
- Joseph Niman, Vice President
- Kayla Boyd, Councilor
- Samantha Paradis, Treasurer/Secretary
Elections for President, Vice President, Councilor, and Treasurer/Secretary are held in the Fall Term of each year, and officers serve for one year. To see each officer’s full bio, click their image, or go directly to online.une.edu/public-health/student-association-officers.
An active and vibrant organization within the UNE Online community, SAPH has the distinction of being the first online student association at the University. Their mission is:
- To promote communication, engagement, and collaboration among public health students, faculty, and staff.
- To create an atmosphere of camaraderie and sense of community among the public health student body.
- To prepare and educate leaders in public health through service to the community.
Learning more: the SAPH blog
If you’re interested in joining SAPH, or learning more about SAPH, we invite you to look at the SAPH blog, unepublichealth.wordpress.com. The blog is a new initiative undertaken by UNE Public Health Students for the benefit of other Public Health students.
Ideas and comments welcome
Students are encouraged to forward their ideas and discussion topics to the President and other officers. Comments and suggestions can also be forwarded directly to the Program Manager, Laudan Ghayebi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re excited to have a new group of passionate public health students, actively advocating for the public health student body!Tags: Graduate Programs in Public Health | MPH