Affiliated Faculty – Education
Critical to student success
Affiliated Faculty within the College of Graduate and Professional Studies are critical to the success of UNE’s online programs. The role of the faculty in CGPS is to facilitate the learning process for online students through timely and effective instruction and communication. Faculty also serve as mentors in the field of education, sharing their experience as educators to help guide students and ensure they achieve their educational and professional goals. The instructor facilitates the retention of students through creating a positive educational environment, allowing for students to derive the maximum benefits from the program in which they are enrolled. Faculty will receive supervision, collaboration and guidance from the Education Program Manager.
The ideal candidate would possess prior online classroom experience in an educational setting, the ability to effectively communicate with students, and a passion for teaching and the field of education.
- Provide expert knowledge as a practitioner in the field of education
- Guide students through their educational experience while upholding and adhering to the CGPS commitment to student success
- Provide timely response to student inquiries, preferably within 48 hours
- Ability to engage in the online course environment a minimum of 3 times per week
- A master’s degree in Education or closely related field, Ph.D. preferred
- A minimum of two years experience in the field related to the area of instruction
- A desire to motivate and encourage students in their academic and professional setting
- Previous instructional experience, preferably in an online setting
- A familiarity with online teaching and/or a desire to learn new technological approaches to education
- Experience using the Blackboard Learning Management system a plus
* Background check may be required.
To apply, please email the following materials to program manager Erin Connor at email@example.com:
- Cover Letter
- Area(s) of teaching interest