Online Public Health Programs: Frequently Asked Questions

Getting your MPH or GCPH online at University of New England

Show All | Hide All


  • How can I get started?

    Applications are accepted on a rolling basis three times per year. Contact an Enrollment Counselor at (855) 325-0895 for program and enrollment information.

  • What kind of educational requirements are there for admission?

    Applicants are required to have an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.

  • Can I apply if my GPA is lower than 3.0?

    Applications for the MPH program are reviewed holistically. Applicants who do not meet the minimum GPA requirements can still apply, however may be admitted on a provisional basis.

  • Is the GRE required to apply?

    The GRE is not required as part of the admissions process. If you have taken the GRE, you are welcome to provide your score as part of your application package, but the GRE it is not a requirement.


MPH Courses

Public Health Graduate Certificate

Registrar Policies

  • Can I transfer previous course credits?

    Yes. Up to nine credit hours may be reviewed for possible transfer credit into the MPH program. Up to six credits can be considered for the certificate option. 
    For transfer credits to be considered, they must meet the following criteria: 1. Completed at a CEPH-accredited institution. 2. Earned within the last five years. 3. Received a grade of B or higher.
    If you need any further clarification, please feel free to contact an Enrollment Counselor at (855) 325-0895.


  • What kind of support will I receive as a student?

    UNE offers a variety of academic, technical, and administrative support to assist you. Upon entering the program, a dedicated Student Support Specialist will be there to provide support and answer any questions you may have – from questions on textbooks, to registration, to financial aid and more. This support is provided in addition to the tremendous support you will receive from program staff, your academic advisor, course instructors and fellow classmates.

  • How will I find field placement for my practical experience?

    Students are responsible for identifying a practical experience site and preceptor, however the program’s outreach coordinator can assist by discussing pre-approved sites, preceptors, and projects that are available. The practical experience should be outside of the student’s current place of employment.

  • Can I get involved in any student organizations?

    Yes, UNE Public Health students are strongly encouraged to participate in the Student Association for Public Health. 

  • Will there be an opportunity to get involved in other activities?

    Yes, UNE public health students are afforded the opportunity to become involved in our global health initiatives, such as the Ghana Health Partnership and Immersion Program. If you have additional questions, please call 1-866-295-3104 to speak to an enrollment counselor.


  • Is UNE accredited?

    Yes, University of New England is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. To learn more, please see

  • Is the Master of Public Health accredited by CEPH?

    Yes, The Master of Public Health program here at the University of New England is accredited by Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH). CEPH is the nationally recognized accrediting organization for public health programs.

  • What is CEPH-accreditation and why is it important?

    The Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) is an independent agency recognized as the accrediting body for public health schools and programs by the U.S. Department of Education. Accreditation is a rigorous peer-review process designed to ensure that a program’s curriculum meets the standards set for high-quality education and training. CEPH-accreditation means graduates are prepared, through their coursework, to meet the demands of the current public health workforce. Federal agencies often require this accreditation from their employees.



Interested in what our MPH Alumni are up to?

Each year we survey the men and women who graduate from our MPH program to see which fields of employment they have gone into and what jobs they currently hold. 85% of MPH graduates get jobs in four major fields. See in which fields MPH graduates work.

Request InformationApply Now