Graduate Programs in Public Health
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or its equivalent.
- See International Admissions for details regarding evaluation of international degrees for grade and degree equivalency.
- 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA, or better
- Course Prerequisites: Completion of college-level courses in mathematics and science with a minimum grade of a “B” or satisfactory completion of a graduate level course in mathematics or science
- Please Note: In lieu of college-level courses in either, students may submit GRE subject test scores in mathematics or science, or the GRE quantitative ability score
- Current employment in a setting conducive to applying course concepts and strategies is highly desirable.
- Computer with Internet connection, including the hardware and software requirements described on the Technical Requirements page. Must also possess sufficient computer skills to navigate the Internet as all classes are accessed 100% online.
- Submit the online graduate application and pay the $40 non-refundable application fee.
- Submit official transcript(s) reflecting conferral of Bachelor’s Degree. Applicants with international degrees should contact an Enrollment Counselor for more information.
Submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Professional resume or CV.
- Goal Statements: Download this form to use as a template.
- Two completed Applicant Recommendation Forms.
- These forms may be printed out and must first be completed by the applicant before giving it to the recommender to fill out.
- Once the recommender has completed the form, the recommender must send it directly to UNE by email or mail.
- If preferred, the applicant can reach out to an enrollment counselor to initiate an electronic version of this form to be completed by both parties online.
Our Enrollment Counselors are here to help you understand the admission requirements and to assist you throughout the entire application process. Please contact us right away at 1 (855) 325-0895 or at email@example.com if you have any questions about the program or application requirements.
Application Procedures and Policies
Graduate Certificate in Public Health (GCPH) Program: upon acceptance, students may apply to transfer up to two, 3-credit courses (maximum six semester credits) into the program.
Master of Public Health (MPH) Program: upon acceptance, students may apply to transfer up to three, 3-credit courses (maximum nine semester credits) into the program.
In order to be considered, courses must:
- Be classified as graduate level.
- Be from a CEPH accredited institution.
- Have been taken within five years of application.
- Have been completed with a grade of “B” or better.
- Be equivalent to one of the required program courses or an elective course that meets the goals of the student’s education.
- Not have been applied toward any other degree.
To request consideration for transfer credit, a student must provide an official transcript and a course syllabus for each course. Your enrollment counselor or student support specialist can assist you with this request.
Students who have earned a certificate of graduate study in public health from another institution within the last five years, may apply for admissions to the MPH program with advanced standing. The MPH program will grant advanced standing when a faculty review determines that the courses are equivalent to the UNE certificate courses, and that the student’s transcripts reflect a “B” or better in all core public health courses.
UNE graduate certificate-matriculated students, who are in good standing, may apply to the MPH program and request advanced standing at any time during the certificate program. UNE students who have completed the graduate certificate program may apply for advanced standing in the MPH program within five years of completing the graduate certificate program in Public Health.
More information explaining the admissions requirements for international students or applicants with international degrees can be found here on the International Admissions web page. If you have specific questions please contact an Enrollment Counselor for personal guidance through the application process.
Expiration of Application Materials
All application materials submitted to UNE are valid for 12 months from the date received by the University. To avoid needing to re-request transcripts and letters of recommendation, we recommend that you complete your application and enroll in a timely manner. In the event that you need to re-apply or re-activate your application, materials older than 12 months will need to be re-submitted without exception.
Non Matriculated Enrollment
Students not seeking a degree may enroll into individual courses as a non-matriculated student, space permitting and upon approval by the program manager. Non-matriculated students must hold a bachelor’s degree and submit an official transcript reflecting conferral of degree. Students may not move from non-matriculated to matriculated status within the same semester. Please contact an enrollment counselor to assist in this process.
Enrollment Counselor Allie is dedicated to the Graduate Public Health programs. Enrollment Counselor Kat is dedicated to the Graduate Public Health programs. Enrollment Counselor Maria is dedicated to the Graduate Public Health programs.
(207) 221-4941 | firstname.lastname@example.org
(207) 221-4838 | email@example.com
(207) 221-4974 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Allie is dedicated to the Graduate Public Health programs.
Kat is dedicated to the Graduate Public Health programs.
Maria is dedicated to the Graduate Public Health programs.