How to Register for Online Classes
This post is for matriculated students. The steps outlined below will walk you through how to register for your online classes. You must have your Nor’easter ID and password for this. If you are in the Applied Nutrition, Education, Health Informatics, Public Health, or Social Work programs, continue on with the tutorial below.
For Science Prerequisites for Health Professions (SPHP) students – a special note
SPHP lectures and labs are individual online math and science courses for students who wish to enter a health professions program but may need just one or two courses to fill a gap in their transcript. These courses are taken as needed and do not require students to be enrolled in an overall program.
For matriculated students: If you do not know your ID or password
Click on the + below for a quick tutorial on how to get your Nor’easter ID and password.
If you do not know your username/Nor’easter ID:
- Visit U-Online at http://uonline.une.edu
- Select 'Lookup Your Nor’easter ID'
- This requires your Social Security Number and Date of Birth.
About your username
- Your username is commonly referred to as your Nor’easter ID
- Nor’easter ID/usernames will usually be your first initial followed by your last name.
- In the event that this username is already in use a numeral will be added, e.g. mgaudet2.
About your Personal Reference Number (PRN)
- PRNs all begin with 910 and are 9-digits in length, e.g. 910123456
- If you receive a message ‘No Record Found’ or ‘No Record Exists’, please contact the IT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have your Nor’easter ID:
Step 1: Activate your other synchronized accounts: U-Online and Blackboard
- Go to the Password Portal at http://password.une.edu
- Log in with your username/Nor’easter ID and temporary password.
- Temporary passwords are either your 6-digit date of birth (MMDDYY) or the last 6-digits of your PRN.
- If you receive the message ‘Invalid username or password’ please contact the IT Help Desk at email@example.com.
- Create a new password by following the onscreen instructions.
- Set answers to the Password Challenge Response question.
- This will enable you to perform password self-resets in future at this site.
Step 2: Activate your UNE email
- Go to http://outlook.com/une.edu
- Log in with your full UNE email address and password.
- Your User ID is your full UNE email address (i.e. your Nor’easter ID followed by @une.edu).
- If your new password does not work, try your temporary password.
- Your temporary password is either your 6-digit date of birth (MMDDYY) or the last 6-digits of your PRN number.
If you have any issues logging in, please contact the IT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For matriculated students: Once you have your Nor’easter ID and password
How to register for your online classes
What do all of those abbreviations mean?
- Select – Check this box to select a course. “C” indicates that the class is full. <-- IMPORTANT
- CRN – Unique number for this course.
- Subj – GPH is Graduate Public Health
- Crse – Course number.
- Sec – Will be prefixed with either an A or a B. The A or B indicates A session or B session in the term.
- Cmp – Campus. "X" indicates that it's not on a physical campus, it's online.
- Cred – Credit hours.
- Title – Course title.
- Days – On-ground programs only.
- Time – (Not relevant.)
- Cap – Number of students allowed in the section.
- Act – Actual number of students enrolled in the section.
- Rem – Number of seats open in the class. <-- IMPORTANT
- XL Cap – (Not used.)
- XL Act – (Not used.)
- XL Rem – (Not used.)
- Instructor – Lead instructor for the course.
- Date – Dates that the course is scheduled to be open and running.
- Location – Make sure this says online.
- Attribute – CGPS is the College of Graduate and Professional Studies, GPH is Graduate Public Health. You should see your program name here.
How to drop a class
If you need assistance
- Student Support: https://success.une.edu
- Registrar: https://www.une.edu/registrar/registration
- IT Helpdesk: email@example.com