Skip the admissions process with these online courses
When do you NOT need to go through admissions?
UNE Online’s Science Prerequisites for Health Professions classes are our exception to the admissions process rule. They do not require an admissions process at all. Simply log in, register for the class, pay, and begin on the first or third Wednesday of the month. All of our classes are instructor-led, high-quality courses. They are taken a la carte, as you need them, so you can do just one class or a couple of classes at once. You can take as many of these courses as you need over time.
Filling gaps – efficiently
UNE has a strong history of preparing students for the health professions, and we were finding that a lot of students who wanted to transfer into our graduate programs were missing a class or two, so we started offering online courses to fill such gaps for students.
Satisfying requirements – quickly
At this time, we have 16 science prerequisite class offerings, and many include a virtual lab component. These classes are offered 100% online and are designed to help students fulfill application requirements for graduate programs. Most courses can be taken on an accelerated timeline – you set the pace that best fits your schedule.
Online courses available right now, with no admissions process required:
- ANAT 1005: Anatomy Lecture/Lab
- BIOL 1010: Medical Biology I Lecture/Lab
- BIOL 1011: Medical Biology II Lecture/Lab
- BIOL 1020: Microbiology Lecture
- BIOL 1020L: Microbiology Lecture/Lab
- BIOL 1030: Pathophysiology
- BIOL 1040: Genetics Lecture/Lab
- CHEM 1005: Medical Biochemistry
- CHEM 1010: Medical General Chemistry I
- CHEM 1010L: Medical General Chemistry I Lab
- CHEM 1011: Medical General Chemistry II
- CHEM 1011L: Medical General Chemistry II Lab
- CHEM 1020: Organic Chemistry I
- CHEM 1020L: Organic Chemistry I Lab
- CHEM 1021: Organic Chemistry II
- CHEM 1021L: Organic Chemistry II Lab
- MATH 1005: Statistics
- MEDT 1000: Medical Terminology
- NTRN 1010: Principles of Human Nutrition
- PHSL 1010: Medical Physiology Lecture/Lab
- PHYS 1010: Physics I Lecture/Lab
- PHYS 1011: Physics II Lecture/Lab
Double check to save time
Be sure to check with your program to make sure they accept online Science Prerequisites for Health Professions credits from UNE. Most schools accept the credits since UNE is a regionally accredited and recognized university, but there are some schools that may not. Like most things, a little homework beforehand can save you a lot of time and money in the long term.
Easy to start
Make a quick phone call to our enrollment counselor at 1 (855) 325-0894, or go straight to the easy online class registration, sign up, buy your books, and you will be up and running with your online class – it’s that easy. Classes start every two weeks, on the first and third Wednesdays of each month. For a step-by-step process on registration in FlexReg, click here.
Our online self-registration program is open and available 24 hours a day. Start working toward your next degree!Admissions | CGPS | Online Learning | Science Prerequisites for Health Professions | SPHP | UNE Online