UNE Online Among Top Online Programs in Graduate Education
UNE Online is thrilled to share that we’ve again been named one of the top Online Programs in Graduate Education by U.S. News and World Report in their 2018 Rankings. UNE Online also received high marks in the student engagement category, ranking in the top 15% of schools for student engagement. Big shout out to all of our faculty and staff!
U.S. News and World Report calculated the rankings based on the following five categories:
- Student engagement (35 percent): Quality online graduate education programs grant aspiring teachers and educational administrators opportunities to readily interact with their instructors and classmates. In turn, instructors are not only accessible and responsive, but they are also tasked with helping to create an experience rewarding enough that students stay enrolled and complete their degrees in a reasonable amount of time.
- Student services and technology (20 percent): Programs that incorporate diverse online learning technologies allow greater flexibility for students to take classes from a distance. Outside of classes, strong support structures provide learning assistance, career guidance and financial aid resources commensurate with quality campus-based programs.
- Admissions selectivity (15 percent): Student bodies entering with proven aptitudes, ambitions and accomplishments can handle the demands of rigorous coursework. Furthermore, online degrees that schools award judiciously will have greater legitimacy in the job market.
- Faculty credentials and training (15 percent): Strong online programs employ instructors with academic credentials that mirror those of instructors for campus-based programs, and they have the resources to train these instructors to teach distance learners.
- Peer reputation (15 percent): A survey of high-ranking academic officials in education helps account for intangible factors affecting program quality that statistics don’t capture. Also, employers may hold in high regard degrees from programs that academics respect
The Graduate Programs in Education at the University of New England are dedicated to advancing and developing reflective and resourceful teachers and school leaders who are competent, caring and qualified. UNE’s online graduate degrees in Education provide students with the knowledge and skills to become leaders and shape the future of education.
To learn more about the graduate programs in Education at UNE Online, go to online.une.edu/education
If you are interested in the online Graduate Programs in Education or if you would like more information on UNE Online’s MSEd, PMC, CAGS or Ed.D. programs, please reach out to an Enrollment Counselor at (800) 994-2804 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or, if you’re ready to apply, fill out your online application at online.une.edu/gateway-portal-page.Tags: CAGS | Ed.D | Education | Graduate Programs in Education | Master of Science in Education | MSEd